Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome!

Hello there!  If you've somehow randomly stumbled upon this blog, let me tell you a little about who I am.

Me (the blond) with my friend Mallory during Spring Break a few weeks ago.

My name is Kellie, and I'm a 22 year old college senior (graduating in August).  I'm a southern girl, and I think that comes out in my personality more often than I realize.  Over the past year I've gotten into following several different blogs, and I enjoy reading them so much that I thought it might be fun to have my own.  Mostly, I'd like a place to be able to write down my thoughts on everyday life.  I'm really not expecting anyone to read this blog, but it might be nice to have a sort of "journal" to be able to look back at.

Now, I'm not exactly sure how this is going to go for me.  I've always wanted to keep a journal.  Even when I was little I would buy these really cute diaries/journals, write one entry and then never open them again.  I'm pretty sure if you were to go through the attic at my parents house you'd find several Lisa Frank diaries with writing only on the first two pages.  I don't know why my 9-year-old self couldn't be more dedicated to writing about what I'm sure was an interesting life (filled with sleepovers and playing with my furby and nano baby), but neither could my 12-year-old self, my 16-year-old self, or my 20-year-old self.  Well, I'm giving this another shot at 22.  The online aspect of it makes this time a little bit different, and is hopefully the change I need to make it work. 

Now onto the next important part of a blog--what to write about.  This is a tough one for me.  I enjoy reading all kinds of blogs.  I regularly read beauty, fashion, cooking, healthy living, and comedic blogs.  Due to my indecisiveness, I'm pretty sure this blog will end up covering a hodge-podge of topics.  I'm very into beauty and fashion (hey, every girl's allowed to be a little vain), so expect some posts related to that.  The rest will probably be random things that are happening in my life (expect a few frantic 3 AM "What am I going to do with my life?" posts--I am a college senior after all) and probably a lot of random musings from the mind of Kellie (scary, I know).  I'm a pretty opinionated girl and often find myself wondering about the most random things.  Like when did leggings become acceptable to wear as pants?  I'm not bashing it, but seriously...when did that happen? And who decided it was acceptable?  By the time it's all said and done, I've spent an hour (usually when I'm trying to go to bed) wondering about such random and trivial things--more than enough thoughts to create a blog post about it. 

So here's to (hopefully) succeeding in my goal of journaling/blogging.  If someone other than myself is out there reading this, then I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment