Friday, April 1, 2011

Resolutions

Typically resolutions are discussed around new year's, but lately I've been the least energized and productive I feel like I have ever been in my life, so I'm making some resolutions now.  Better late than never, right? I suppose I will call them my April resolutions and look at it from more of a short term perspective. Honestly, long term goals scare me.  I prefer to make short term goals.  Something like, "I will make it to the gym at least 5 times this week," works out much better for me than saying something like, "I will go to the gym every single day from now until FOREVER!" Then, I have the mindset that it's only one week and I can surely push myself for one week.  When that one week is up, I feel so good about my accomplishment that I want to make another goal and the cycle continues.

Let's face it though--I'm human and sometimes things just happen that throw us off of our goals.  We get busy, we get tired, or we get sick, and certain things just take a backseat.  Getting back on track can be hard, and that's what I've struggled with the past couple of weeks.  I've been inconsistent with everything from the gym to school to housework.  I don't have classes on Fridays and I could have gotten so much accomplished today.  What did I end up doing?  I slept until 11, watched almost an entire season of The Hills on Netflix, and washed one load of towels.  Seriously, ONE LOAD.  They're still sitting in the dryer, waiting to be folded.

So it's time to snap out of this lazy, unproductive spell I've been under.  Here are my goals:

For tonight (because 10:30 at night is a completely normal time to start, right?):
Do one workout from Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (the DVD is loading up as I type)
Put up all of the clothes in my closet that still haven't been put up from spring break (which was 2 weeks ago)
Quick shower
fold those towels!
go to bed before 2 am

For tomorrow:
Don't sleep past 9 (setting my alarm now)
Hit up the gym
Get ready for the day (a big one, since it has been a ponytail and gym clothes to class kind of week)
go to Walmart and the grocery store
Pedicure (I'm in desperate need)
conquer the massive pile of dishes that need to be washed and the massive pile of laundry that needs to be folded
Hopefully go out for a few drinks with a friend (hey, a girl's got to have a little fun every now and then)


Weekly Goals (starting Sunday):
Make it to the gym at least 5 times
Study for my upcoming tests/finish all my HW
Keep up with household chores (really need to work on this)
Dress up for class (something other than a t-shirt) because I honestly feel so much better when I do
NO NAPS! I need to get back on a regular sleep schedule

That's it! Sounds like a lot, but overall I know that I need to just keep myself moving and I'll get things accomplished and feel SO much better. 

A recent order I put in with Sephora came in today, so hopefully I can test out some of that stuff and make a blog post about it.  I got a few new things I've been wanting to try.

That's it. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I actually got a comment! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete